Call our Crisis Line: 0141 773 3533

Do the police have to be involved?

The police will be involved only at your request.

The police now have a dedicated Domestic Abuse Unit and, with Domestic Abuse now legally a crime in Scotland, the police have more experience in domestic abuse cases than ever. Nevertheless, if you don’t want to report the abuse, GEWA will not influence your decision.

Posted in: Questions about GEWA, Your questions